The INC, Library is spread over a floor space of about 3000 sq. feet. The Library stocks more than 5500+ books of various subjects in medical and allied health sciences. Reputed Indian and foreign journals are available in library.
Computerized catalogues of the library holdings as well as a shelf list are available for the students. Further, there is provision of modern bar code and Online Public Access catalogue (OPAC) technology to facilitate for user friendly, quick and easy search facility for the students and faculty.
Students are encouraged to avail other facilities like e-mail, internet, CD-ROM browsing & photocopying. Ample and separate reading space has been provided to both the students and faculty along with comfortable seating arrangements. Besides the Library, pre-clinical and clinical have been provided the library which is well stocked with standard text books and reference books.
1. Library Timing- Monday to Saturday (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
Note: Library will be closed on all Sundays and public holidays
2. Library rules and Regulations:
- Silence and order must be maintained in the library at all times. Infringement of the rules will be suitably dealt with.
- Any person who loses, defaces the book will be required to be charged at the ongoing rate, along with a fine. In case the book is one of a set or series, the cost of the entire set or series will be recovered if the lost/ damaged copy is not available individually.
- Books/Periodicals required for occasional reference, including encyclopedias, rare books and journals are not to be issued.
- Books borrowed from the library are not transferable.
- Books will be issued strictly on priority of demand.
- After having deposited the required security, students are allowed to borrow two books at a time.
- Students may keep the books up to a maximum of 15 days. After that for each succeeding day that a book is overdrawn a fine will be charged till the book is returned to the library.
- Every borrower shall be issued a Borrower's card which will be stamped by the librarian each time a book is issued or returned.
- The Card placed in the pocket at the end of the book must be delivered to the librarian before the book is taken away.
- Periodicals, Publications and newspapers for the student section of the library are placed on the tables. These must not be taken away under any circumstances. Cutting of items from newspapers/ magazines is also strictly prohibited.
- The borrower must make his/ her own arrangement for carrying the books to and from the library.
- All new books and journals will be kept in a separate almirah for a fortnight for comments and suggestions.
- Current journals will not be issued till the time next issue reaches the library. Up to two journals can be issued to the teaching staff for overnight use.
- Books may be renewed on request at the discretion of the librarian.
- Library timing is subject to variation depending on the requirements.
- Personal belongings including books, bags etc. shall be left at the property counter before entering the library.
- Eating is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Creating any kind of indiscipline in the library will automatically lead to the cancellation of membership.
- All requests/suggestions/complaints may be addressed to the Librarian.
3. Library Advisory Committee:
The Committee has been set up to making of policy for the purchase of new books, magazines and other reading materials etc. The main responsibility of the committee is to review the existing rules & regulations pertaining to the use of the library, policy regarding purchase of books / periodicals and hardware / software and write off of books policy etc. It deliberates on issues concerning proper and optimum utilization of facilities available and plan for future growth of the library.
4. Bar Coding of Library Materials:
Bar coding of Library materials started in 2017. It is done by the library staff using the Library ERP ACC Soft 2.0., 80% of the job is complete.
5. Library Services:
- Circulation with ERP Accsoft 2.0
- ERP based circulation
- Reference Service
- Periodical Service
- CAS and SDI Service
- Library is Wi-Fi enabled
6. Library membership process:
All the first year students shall take application form of library membership from the library and submit it with (three stamp size coloured photo and fee receipt after receiving the Institution’s Identity Card)
- Student can obtain the book from the library only on producing their identity card and library card.
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Only one book can borrowed on one card.
- Members are responsible for all the books borrowed by their cards.
- Student member should produce their identity cards along with their library cards at the time of borrowing books.
- The entire students, who have taken the membership of library, shall return the library cards at the end of the academic year.
7 Resources at glance:
|No. of books||5500+|
|No. of Journals||24 (12 National+12 International)|
|No. of News paper||12+|
|No. of Computer Terminals||20+|
8. Digital Library:
Indore Nursing College have 20 Computer Systems provides for digital library facility to access of e-resources through N-LIST.
9. Open Access Resources:
|1. Fundamental Nursing Skills:||https://www.pdfdrive.com/fundamental-nursing-skills-unair-d15044241.html|
|2. E-books in all subjects||https://www.pdfdrive.com|
|3. Geneva Foundation for Medical Education and Research Website||https://www.gfmer.ch|
|6. Inventi e-Journals||https://www.inventi.in|
10. E-Newspapers links:
|1. Times of India||http://epaper.timesgroup.com|
|2. Economic Times||http://economictimes.indiatimes.com|
Mr. Vijay Satodiya
M.Sc. (Geology), M.Lib.I.Sc., B.Sc.(Bio)
Librarian, INC, Indore (M.P.)
Mr. Rajkumar Singh
Library Assistant, INC, Indore (M.P.)